Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Girls eventually grow up and the media tends to have less influence on our lives. When I was 18 all this crap meant something. Now that I've grown up, none of this has any influence on me -and I'm a journalist. Sure I can write about it but to be honest, I live my own life and do my own thing. I wish the media would address this more -that being over 30, 40, 50, 60 is the true mark of a woman because this is the time when we are truly ourselves. Yes, of course there are many women out there of all ages who need to be told what to do -who need Oprah to tell them how to be. Time to take control of your own destinies. Rejoice in feminism -make a stand for equal rights if you want to. If you don't, then that's your call. I'll wear what I want, say what I want, do what I want. I won't be labelled by a journalist. I'll wear jeans, I'll wear frilly dresses. I am me.
http://ping.fm/njRGv

No comments: